Become a clubmaker and/or a clubfitter by joining the AGCP. If you are looking for clubmaker schools you are in the right place. But maybe you are not going to find the kind of school you thought you wanted. Read on...
I have been to clubmaker schools in several places. What I found was hands on instruction by great instructors but in a class setting they had to move at the pace of the slowest student in the class. In some classes many students were not able to learn all of the information available because some students had to have several repetitions and illustrations before they learned the information provided in class.
The AGCP offers a different kind of education. Our greatest feature is our member only email list. All AGCP members are subscribed to our email list. You might ask here, so what? What's the big deal? If you ask the AGCP members they will tell you that they get their moneys worth for AGCP dues in the first month the join and some even sooner than that.
What is the value of the email list?
- Passive learning for one. You learn things that you do not even know you need to learn simply by reading the emails from other members.
- No BS on the email list. The email list is a professional list and the subjects are restricted to club making, club fitting and the business of the same.
- It is not a social forum for guys and gals to BS and shoot the breeze, swamp jokes or political comments. All of that is forbidden.
- It is for club makers and club fitters only. No sponsors allowed. If you want to criticize "Company Golf" you can and you don't have to worry about the president of that company getting back at you in some way. As long as it's business go right ahead and criticize.
- We have a Netiquette guide and there are no flaming or insults allowed. It's a professional forum for professionals.
- Did I mention? There are no dumb questions. None. No matter what your level of experience of knowledge you can ask any question at any time as long as it's about club making, club fitting and the business of the same. You will get plenty of answers from those who do this every day. Some of the best in the world.
- Nothing against the instructors of other schools but our "instructors" are actually doing what they are teaching you to do. Our instructors are not hired to instruct, they own their business doing that they are helping you to learn.
- Someone once said: Those who can, do. Those who can't do, teach. I don't know if that is true or not, but...
- So by now you are wondering where you get the hands on experience of actually doing what you talk about. For one you can often contact a member who lives near you and arrange to spend a day or maybe more in their shop actually working next to them. By being the only student you will be surprised how much you can learn in one or two days. You can offer to pay for this but some members do it as a "pay it forward" experience only. Each member is different.
Before you sign up for that 3, 4, or 5 day school for $300, $400, $500 think about joining the AGCP for a whole year and do the above every day 24/7/365. Think about learning from some of the best in the world and being able to ask questions every day whenever you want. Join the AGCP
For more hands on experience attend our annual Dana Conference RT Convention for 3 days of seminars and classes with the AGCP Masters and Level 9 & 10 Certified members. Learn hands on from the best of the best.